Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 26, 2010

June 26, 2010

I am so enjoying my time except for the horrible mosquitoes. They are eating me alive! I walked back from church this morning with Guisnord, my new friend, and one of his buddies. I said “my feet itch” and before I knew it these two little guys no older than 10 were scratching my feet for me! It was so sweet.

I did go to church this morning at 9:00 for service after I had spaghetti with sardines for breakfast. Yes, I know, it sounds awful, but it was delicious. I cleaned my plate. Madam Jean Marie was so happy with me! She is a great cook.

Church lasted from 9:00-11:30 underneath blue tarps outside that were so hot I thought I was going to melt. Yet not one Haitian seemed to mind. No one complained, they all just worshipped the Lord with great joy.

There was a baptism today at 2:30, but I missed it. I fell asleep and thought Pastor was going to wake me before he left, but either he forgot or I missed a word in Kreyol which is very possible.

I am now sitting on the gallerie (porch) finishing up my lunch of mais muline, corn meal mush (much like grits) with beans and I believe pig ears. I skipped the meat today! Shh, don’t tell Madam Jean Marie! Luckson, one of their employees, who stayed home to baby sit me, is playing a guitar under the tree and singing. A nice breeze if blowing and I am watching a hummingbird feed on one of the beautiful flowering trees in front. I am sure the only way the day could be better would be if I had a glass of ice tea with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment